Forms & Permits


Building New Homes

A county permit is required for any new structure or an addition to an existing structure which can be obtained from Planning & Zoning Commission, 4319 Expo Drive, Manitowoc. 

The following is the cost for new homesas of January 1, 2024

           1 Family dwelling  -    $780.00                                 2 Family dwelling        -            $1560.00

           Address maker     -          75.00                                   Address markers         -              150.00

           Seal                    -             35.00                                   Seal                          -                   35.00

          Town permit        -            15.00                                   Town permit              -                 15.00

                    Total       -            $905.00                                            Total                -            $1760.00


Modular with Basement      -    325.00                                  Modular without Basement    -    260.00

Address markers         -              75.00                                   Address markers         -               75.00

           Seal                    -             35.00                                   Seal                          -                  35.00

          Town permit        -            15.00                                   Town permit              -                15.00

                    Total       -             $450.00                                            Total                -                $385.00


Improvements to property that have a value over $1,000.00 are required to obtain a building permit for $15.00. No permit is needed if a roof or siding is replaced. The form for these permits may be printed and sent to the Clerk/ Treasurer, Geraldine Gilbert, 1805 Lissa Lane, Manitowoc - See Form – (Building Permit Application).

 (See Forms – Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit Application and Cautionary Statement to Owners Obtaining Building Permits).

Any new homes are required to have an address marker installed in front of their residence. The cost for the address marker is $75.00 which includes the sign, post and installation. The purpose of the address markers is for the emergency responders to better locate addresses in the Township.

A check should be made out to the Town of Manitowoc.

Deliver the following documents with the appropriate fees to Geraldine Gilbert, 1805 Lissa Lane,  Manitowoc. WI 54220

  • Three (3) sets of legible, drawn-to-scale building plans

  • Completed Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit Application

  • Energy calculations

  • Plot plan showing the location of the dwelling and any other buildings, etc. on the site with respect to property lines

  • Erosion control plan

  • A copy of the County sanitary permit

  • A copy of the County Zoning permit

If the above documentation is Code compliant, a Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit will be issued.

A building permit is required before any on-site construction, including excavation for a structure may begin

Inspections include:

  • Footings before pouring

  • Foundation before backfilling

  • Rough-in (general construction, plumbing, electrical and heating)

  • Insulation

  • Occupancy inspection within 5 business days after notification from permit applicant

  • One additional inspection included, as needed.

Each of these inspections will be done with 2 business days after notification from permit applicant.


Application for Absentee Ballot EL-121

Voter Registration Application EL-131

When sending in your voter registration application, send a copy of your driver's license.


Building and Remodeling Permit Application

Also send a copy from Planning and Zoning when changing the structure of your home.

Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit Application

This permit is for brand new homes


A permit is required if installing a new driveway or existing driveway extension or blacktopping of driveway. There is a $25.00 charge for the Right of Way Permit. See form below.

Application for permit to perform work within Town Road Right-Of-Way

Town of Manitowoc Application/Permit to construct, operate, and maintain utilities within highway right-of-way


Dog License Application


Late Lottery & Gaming Credit Claim Form


Application for License to Serve Fermented Malt Beverages and Intoxicating Liquors

Original Alcohol Beverage License Application

Renewal Alcohol Beverage License Application


Objection Form For Real Property Assessment

Complete form in INK ONLY and PRINT. Return to the town clerk: Geraldine Gilbert, 1805 Lissa Lane, Manitowoc, WI 54220